Some real estate agents say that drones are the most important new technology to enter real estate marketing since the Internet. The usage of drone photos and videos in online listings is the latest marketing weapon in real estate and probably the best one too since dramatic, sweeping shots of the property and surrounding area will make your listing different.
The professional photos or videos attract people’s attention more than anything else, so using the latest marketing trends, such as camera drone photography, guarantees that your real estate listing won’t stay unnoticed.
The Rise of Real Estate Drone Photography:
In 2015, Douglas Trudeau from Arizona became the first to legally use a drone for real estate photography and since then, the use of camera drones has taken off in the US.
Drones become more and more common in our day-to-day life, and while we’re still a long way from getting delivery from drones, real estate photography is a real trend that gradually changes the entire industry. But, at the same time, it can’t replace the traditional enhanced stills or 360 tours due to some limitations.
With drones, you can’t take carefully-focused, fixed position photos, or shoot the interiors of smaller spaces, such as condos or apartments. Your customers still expect to see standard street-level shots, so it’s best to combine a few types of photos. The drone photo will make a great cover photo of your online real estate listing, as well as improve your website.
Ground-based photography can’t highlight all the unique features of your property, including the waterfront view or a beautiful garden, while drones allow photographers to create more dramatic, compelling images.
Modern ready-to-fly camera drones combine GPS-programmed flight paths with automatic point-of-interest camera targeting for the best results. While some drones also have an auto-pilot setting, it takes a lot for a professional photographer to create well-designed drone camera shots that show it all from a big pool to a spacious driveway.
Drone photography influenced luxury home marketing the most, but it can be used to promote any property, making it look expensive and desirable. Drone photography has upped the real estate marketing game in a big way, and the tech-savvy customers prefer photos that capture the beauty and the utility of a home in a unique way.
Why Real Estate Drone Photography is Invaluable:
1. Take encompassing aerial views of the entire property and yard that you can’t get otherwise.
2. Highlight important property features such as pools, walking paths, garages, and backyards at the same time showing the condition of the roof and other parts of the property that are difficult to access.
3. Out-market the competition because not a lot of agents follow the latest real estate trends. After all, it’s a well-known fact that listings that look better and provide more information, sell better and faster.
4. Save your money. Drone videography is far cheaper and easier to plan compared to shooting aerial photos from a helicopter.
5. Promote your business – when you use the latest technologies, you also show your customers that your company takes advantage of every opportunity to stand out and be ahead of the competitors.
Marketing a real estate property can be challenging nowadays, mostly because the competition is brutal and potential home buyers are presented with way too many choices. Almost everyone begins their search online, so differentiating property listings through high-quality, unusual photography pays off.
Drone photos look incredibly professional, and that’s why they are widely used to generate a sense of awe and interest that you simply can’t get from traditional real estate photography.
Give Still Image Photo a Try!
Still Image Photo is excited to offer our new customers a 10% off their first photography package through this article. Check out our Residential Services page for pricing information. Or go ahead and schedule!